- Buy Ingredients
- Top Tips
Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing Recipe
Behold this 5-minute recipe for the zestiest salad dressing you’ll ever taste! My lemon salad dressing recipe is one of those fail-proof recipes that will play a huge role in your life once you’ve discovered how delicious it is. All it takes is a few basic ingredients to enhance even the simplest of salads.
As the summer days get hotter, I find myself opting to eat cold food more and more. What better summer food than a crisp, fresh salad? If you’re like me, salad dressing is a MUST. A naked salad just doesn’t do it for me! A salad dress can lift the natural flavors of the veggies to a whole new level. When I have the time, I love to make the dressing myself.
One of my favorite salad dressings to make at home is this incredibly simple lemon vinaigrette. Yes, you can buy similar dressings that are pre-made, but nothing can really beat the joy of freshly squeezed lemons. This lemon vinaigrette recipe will go with all kinds of salads. Whether you’re having salad as a main or a side, this lemon vinaigrette recipe is a lifesaver when you want some bold flavor.
In the mood for a no-cook meal? Read on to discover how to make lemon vinaigrette!
It’s easy to adapt this lemon vinaigrette recipe to suit your taste or use the ingredients you have at home. Here are a few ideas for variations:
- Add some fresh or dried thyme, parsley, oregano, chives, or basil.
- Swap dijon mustard for wholegrain.
- Add a drop of maple syrup or agave nectar if you would like to sweeten things up
- Use avocado oil, macadamia oil, or almond oil.
- Substitute half of the lemon juice for balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar, or white wine vinegar.
Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing Recipe
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Servings: 6
Here’s what you need:
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (I used 5 lemons)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Place all of the ingredients except the olive oil in a bowl and whisk to combine thoroughly.
- Slowly add the olive oil, whilst whisking continually until the mixture is emulsified.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if need be.
- That’s it! Drizzle it over your salad of choice, or store it in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 10 days.
- Buy a good quality extra virgin olive oil, and make sure to use a fresh enough bottle. Old and rancid oil will completely ruin your dressing! If you’re anything like me, it’ll never go off anyway, as I use it almost every day.
- Make sure to juice some fresh lemons yourself and don’t buy pre-squeezed lemon juice from a bottle. It will taste so much better with fresh lemons!
- You can finely chop the garlic, but I recommend always using a garlic mincer. It will really get the juices out and help the garlic infuse the liquids. The flavor will distribute more evenly throughout the dressing.
- If the olive oil in the dressing solidifies in the fridge, leave it out at room temperature until it has returned to a liquid before using.
To Wrap It All Up...
Now that you know how to make a lemon vinaigrette, you’ll never need to have a dull salad again! As you’ve seen, this lemon vinaigrette recipe is incredibly easy. I like to make a batch at the start of the week to keep in the fridge for when I need it. If I’m taking a salad to work, I pour a little into a tiny airtight container, so I can dress my salad at work and it doesn’t get soggy!
And you know what? It’s not just for salad. Drizzle some over roasted or steamed veggies, or stir some into cooked grains. My favorite is to pair this lemon vinaigrette recipe with a super simple salad of mixed leaves, cherry tomatoes, and a sprinkling of seeds. It’s a great side dish for almost anything!
I hope you’ve enjoyed learning how to make lemon vinaigrette, and I look forward to hearing how you get on!
Frequently Asked Questions
If you love this recipe…
Try pairing it with one of these tasty vegan salads!
- Kale Salad
- Buddha Bowl
- Harvest Salad
- Couscous Salad With Avocado Almond Crust
- Lentil Salad
- Quick And Easy Pasta Salad
Share this recipe
Tried making this Lemon Vinaigrette recipe? We want to see!
Tag @GoPlantX on Instagram.
Buy products in the recipe
Please choose options for all selected products: