- Buy Ingredients
- Top Tips
Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe (Dressing)
It’s salad time! Discover the secret to delicious salads with this homemade balsamic vinaigrette recipe. Ready in just 5 minutes, this salad dressing is the perfect mix of sweet and tangy, and this game-changer will make you want to serve salads for every meal!
In the past, I always struggled to make delicious salads. When I had salads made for me they were crisp, vibrant, and exciting. When I made salads for myself they were limp, boring, and lifeless. I couldn’t figure out what I was doing wrong… and then it hit me - it's the dressing!
When you're putting some veggies together, a swig of oil and vinegar just won’t cut it. The secret to bringing out the epic flavors that fresh fruit and veggies have to offer is a mouth-watering dressing that packs a punch.
This vegan balsamic vinaigrette is a prime example. Tart, tangy and delicious, homemade balsamic vinaigrette can transform even the simplest of salads into taste sensations - and it’s the perfect accompaniment to anything, from sweet peaches to peppery radishes.
Best of all, this salad couldn’t be easier to whip up in just 5 minutes. This balsamic vinaigrette recipe has truly leveled up my salad game for good, and having a jar of it in the fridge to pull out on any occasion has become my salad secret weapon.
Learn how to make balsamic vinaigrette for yourself and discover the secret to mouth-watering salads!
For me, this balsamic vinaigrette recipe is the ideal staple dressing. It is the perfect balance of tart and acidic flavors along with sweet and peppery depth. But it is also super easy to mix up this dressing by adding some simple ingredients.
- Lemon juice: if you want to add a fruity, citrus twist to this dressing, adding in a few tablespoons of lemon juice is a great idea. This will add freshness to this yummy dressing, perfect for a summer lunch!
- Tabasco or chili flakes: if you are a spice fanatic, there’s no reason that you can’t bring the heat to your salads too! Adding a few drops of tabasco or a teaspoon of chili flakes brings new warmth to this balsamic vinaigrette recipe in all the right ways.
- Herbs: herbs are another great addition to mix up this homemade balsamic vinaigrette. Adding a couple of teaspoons of oregano or thyme will bring some earthy depth to this tart dressing, pairing perfectly with some fresh veggies!
Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe (Dressing)
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Servings: 8-12
Here’s what you need:
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- In a jar or a mixing bowl, add the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, maple syrup, mustard, crushed garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Mix with a fork, hand whisk, or, if using a jar, simply shake until all of the ingredients are combined and there are no lumps.
- Taste and add more salt, vinegar, or syrup if needed. Pour over your salad or place in the fridge until serving.
- In my humble opinion, the absolute best way to make this balsamic vinaigrette recipe is in a jar. Why? Because if you make your dressing directly in a jar, you can not only save on doing the dishes, but easily store it by popping a lid on and putting it directly in the fridge.
- Another tip? Let this homemade balsamic vinaigrette sit in the fridge before serving. This will allow the flavors to marinate together meaning when you pour it on your salad, it will taste even better!
- A final piece of advice - make sure to taste your balsamic vinaigrette and tailor it to your taste! If you find it a little too acidic, add some more maple syrup. If you want more punch, a little more mustard will do it! This is is your dressing, so modify this balsamic vinaigrette recipe to suit you.
To Wrap It All Up...
There you have it! The secret to making using just 7 ingredients. I love whipping up a jar of this homemade balsamic vinaigrette and keeping it in the fridge. This way I can pour it over my salads whenever I need it, whether I’m making a small side salad for one or a large leafy feast for all the family. You will never catch me making a sub-standard salad again!
Frequently Asked Questions
Buy products in the recipe
Please choose options for all selected products: