- Buy Ingredients
- Top Tips
This vegan peach crisp recipe is so delicious and versatile; it is the perfect summer dessert packed with fruity peaches and paired with vegan vanilla ice cream. Or it can even make a wholesome autumn or winter dessert, thanks to its warming colors and spices.
Looking for a dessert that is soft and crispy, juicy and crunchy, and sweet with a kick of saltiness to it? This vegan peach crisp recipe is exactly what you’re looking for!
Peach season is usually from August to the end of September, making it the perfect time to try this irresistible recipe. But don’t worry - you can always use canned peaches or try other fruits that are in season if you’re making this recipe any other time of year.
This peach cobbler with oats might be your new favorite thing to bake; it’s simple, fast, and absolutely delicious. Keep reading to find out how to make peach crisp that is 100% vegan, but loved by non-vegans as well!
You can try this recipe with other similar types of fruit. If you struggle to find ripe peaches, try ripe nectarines, apples, or plums instead. All of the other delicious ingredients will go perfectly with these suggested fruits.
If you’re allergic to nuts, you can easily substitute the almond flour with wheat flour and not add any walnuts. You can add chia seeds or sunflower seeds for that extra crunch and nutrition.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Servings: 6
Here’s what you need:
- 5 ripe peaches - or one 16-ounce can of peaches.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar - to give the peaches a lovely, sweet coating.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract - vanilla and peaches are a delicious combination!
- ½ cup whole oats
- ½ cup almond flour - to bring extra nuttiness and nutrients into the crisp topping! If you’re allergic to nuts or don’t have almond flour at home, you can use wheat flour instead.
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup crushed walnuts - for that extra crunch! You can use whole walnuts, place them in a bag and use something to gently hit and crush them into smaller pieces. You can leave out the walnuts if you want to, or substitute them for pecans or hazelnuts, for example.
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon - this warming spice will make this recipe so delicious and irresistible!
- ½ teaspoon salt - to make all the amazing flavors pop!
- ¼ cup firm coconut oil - this will hold the crisp topping together.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and grease the cobbler with coconut oil.
- Wash the peaches and cut them into slices, removing the pits. Add the slices into a bowl and mix with a tablespoon of brown sugar and a teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Next, place the peaches into the greased cobbler.
- Make the topping in another bowl. Combine the oats, almond flour, brown sugar, crushed almonds, cinnamon, and salt. Mix the firm coconut into the mixture using your hands. The mixture should be moist and crumbly.
- Sprinkle the topping on top of the peaches evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes. The fruit should be soft and the topping golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for at least 5 minutes. Serve with vegan vanilla ice cream.
If you want to make this recipe with ripe peaches, buy the peaches in advance. It is usually hard to find perfectly ripe peaches in the grocery stores, so plan to get them 2-3 days before baking this recipe.
When mixing the ingredients for the topping together, it is important that the coconut oil is firm. If your coconut oil is liquidy, measure the needed amount and pop it into the fridge to harden. This way the coconut oil will be ideal for mixing and keeping the topping together.
If you’re making this peach crisp recipe on a tight schedule or for guests, you can always make the peaches and the topping ready and then lay them into the cobbler and pop it into the oven when it’s the time. Doing the work in advance is a great way to have more time with the guests!
Once you take the vegan peach crisp out of the oven, give it around 5 minutes to cool and settle. The ideal temperature for eating is when it’s still nice and warm, but the ice cream doesn’t melt on top of it right away when added.
Store your vegan peach crisp in the fridge for up to a week. You can also freeze it - just make sure to seal it well. Allow it to come to room temperature after taking it out of the freezer and reheat at 350°F for 5-10 minutes.
To Wrap It All Up...
If you didn’t know how to make peach crisp, there you have it! It’s so easy and fast, and there is a high chance you already have most of the needed ingredients at home. We hope you’re inspired to try this amazing recipe, whether it is with peaches or other variations.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you love this recipe…
If you feel like trying out more of our amazing desserts, take a look at the following recipes;
Share this recipe
Did you make the recipe? We want to see!
Tag @GoPlantX on Instagram.
Buy products in the recipe
Please choose options for all selected products: