- Buy Ingredients
- Top Tips
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
Want to level up your breakfast game? We’ve got the perfect recipe.
Made with fresh fruit and almost nothing else, this strawberry banana smoothie recipe is simply delicious and couldn’t be easier to whip up in 10 minutes. And with all the nutritious benefits of strawberries and bananas, this smoothie is more than just mouthwatering.
Basically - it’s an all-rounder… time to dig out the blender!
You wake up. You roll out of bed. You make your way to the kitchen. You’re looking for a tasty breakfast you can enjoy hassle-free… but what should you make?
A smoothie. This strawberry banana smoothie recipe to be exact!
I’ve always believed that smoothies are the best breakfast, but, since I discovered this recipe - it’s officially true. Sweet and fruity in all the right ways, this strawberry banana smoothie recipe is 100% faff-free. And with only 4 ingredients and just 10 minutes of your time, you too can learn how to make this simply delicious strawberry banana smoothie.
So, if, like me, your days are packed but you still want to enjoy a delicious brekky, try this homemade strawberry banana recipe out. Perfect for whipping up in a rush and sipping on the go, this recipe is my go-to and once you have a taste, you won’t be looking back either!
My favorite thing about this vegan strawberry banana smoothie recipe is how many fun and exciting ways there are to zhuzh it up. Here are three of my favorites…
Add Some Peanut Butter
Peanut butter is packed with healthy fats and fibers which makes it a great addition to your healthy morning smoothie. Not only that but, thanks to its legendary texture, it can help thicken your strawberry smoothie to the right consistency. Lastly but most importantly, this nutty mix tastes delicious mixed into this sweet fruity smoothie!
Tear In Some Fresh Herbs
Want to level up your smoothie game? I recommend adding in some fresh herbs. Sounds strange, I know, but either basil or mint are great picks to take your vegan strawberry smoothie to new realms of freshness. Trust me - you won’t be disappointed.
Spoon In Your Favorite Supplement
I’m always looking for ways to integrate healthy vegan supplements into my meals and spooning them into this strawberry banana smoothie recipe is pretty much the ultimate option. I love adding Kuli Kuli Mo’s Moringa Green Superfood Powder to my morning mix, but any protein or vitamin powder will work great too!
Storing and Freezing
Want to make your smoothie and save it for later? No problem! On top of prepping your ingredients, you can also blend and store your smoothie, ready to enjoy whenever you feel like it.
If you want to refrigerate your smoothie, I recommend storing it in a sealed jar, so you can take it out of the fridge, pop the lid off and start drinking straight away. This smoothie will keep well in the fridge for up to 3 hours (any longer and your fruit will lose it’s fresh taste).
If you want to store your smoothie for longer, I recommend popping it in the freezer - it can be kept in there for up to 3 months! You can store it either in a lidded jar or a zip lock bag - the choice is yours! When you want to enjoy your smoothie, all you need to do is take it out of the freezer and allow it to defrost to room temperature.
My favorite tip? I like to pour my smoothie mix into ice cube trays and then freeze them. This means that on a hot day I can blend the cubes and get an ice-cold smoothie in seconds! It doesn’t get much better than that!
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Servings: 2
Here’s what you need:
- 2 cups strawberries (can be frozen or fresh)
- 1 banana, peeled (can be frozen or fresh, I like to use a banana that is nice and brown, so it is as sweet as possible)
- 1 cup of plant-based milk (I used Minor Figures Organic Oat Milk but any plant-based milk will do)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (this is optional depending on how sweet you want this smoothie)
- Combine the strawberries, banana, plant-based milk, and maple syrup (if using) in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Use ripe fruit: When fruit gets riper, it gets sweeter. This means that adding ripe (or even over-ripe fruit) to your morning mix is a great way of bringing a natural sweetness to your smoothie, without needing to add real sugar.
- Freeze your fruit: if, like me, you hate chucking food away when it goes off, freezing your fruit is a great way of preventing this from happening, and making your life easier for the week ahead. Simply store your fruit in air-tight bags in your freezer (make sure your bananas are peeled!) and then you can blend them into your smoothie whenever you need!
- Adjust the thickness to suit your taste: the thickness of your smoothie can also be adjusted using frozen fruit. Adding frozen ingredients to your smoothie will make it thicker, so, if you want a thicker smoothie, freeze your fruit. Ice is also another easy option to thicken your smoothie!
To Wrap It All Up...
So, there you have it! Everything you need to know about how to make a strawberry banana smoothie in 10 minutes. This recipe makes enough for two, so it’s perfect for sharing with a partner or friend for a delicious and nutritious morning drink.
I love prepping a batch of this smoothie at the beginning of the week and enjoying it every morning as a healthy mid-week breakfast. Trust me, I’m the envy of the office, and with all of the tasty variations of it, making this smoothie never gets old!
So, what are you waiting for? Grab the strawberries, peel the bananas, and get blending!
Frequently Asked Questions
If you love this recipe…
If you enjoyed learning how to make this strawberry banana smoothie recipe, here are some more of my favorite fresh and healthy smoothie- and berry-themed recipes available on PlantX…
Share this recipe
Did you make the recipe? We want to see!
Tag @GoPlantX on Instagram.
Buy products in the recipe
Please choose options for all selected products: