Who doesn't love vegan noodles? It's the perfect weeknight meal that covers all your bases. Healthy, filling and packed full of flavor. This vegan noodle recipe is incredible. And using just a few little tips and tricks we promise this will become a staple in your cooking!
Not to mention there's hardly any washing up. Oh, and this recipe takes under 30 minutes. There are no excuses for getting a takeaway when you had this recipe in your arsenal. So what are you waiting for? Get cooking now!
Vegan Stir Fry Sesame Noodles Recipe
Servings: 4 Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time: 10 mins
- 1/4 cup San J Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Cadia Amber Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Justin’s Classic Peanut Butter
- 2 tsp Yellow Bird Chili Habanero Sauce
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup broccolini, chopped
- half a red bell pepper, sliced
- half a carrot, thinly sliced
- 70g Noble Jerky Original, roughly chopped
- 1 cup Native Forest Cut Baby Corn, drained
- 1/2 cup Native Forest Mushroom Cremini sliced, drained
- 227g Annie Chun’s Pad Thai Rice Noodles, cooked
- chopped green onion/cilantro/peanuts for garnish
There is also a link to the video here, where you can actually watch it being made on Youtube. Easy Peasy!
Top tips for the perfect stir fry noodles
1) Prep all your ingredients beforehand
Once your wok or frying pan is on, this meal moves quickly. A good method is to chop up all your vegetables first, then have all the sauces all ready measured. Then, line them up in what order you will be using them. This allows you to focus on what is actually happening in your pan, which is really important because...
2) You need to keep everything moving
The secret to amazing stir fry vegan noodles is to keep everything moving. You want to stir everything almost constantly, and then everything will cook evenly.
3) Slice your vegetables for maximum surface area
This is an amazing secret that not enough people know about. By slicing your vegetables thinly, and so as much as possible touches the pan, it allows it to pick up more heat and flavor. It also helps if you cut them roughly the same size, so it will take the same amount of time to cook them.
4) Hot, hot, hot
When making stir fry vegan noodles, heat is your friend. You want to make sure the wok or pan is very hot before you add any vegetables. And on that note…
5) Don't overload your pan
If your pan is overloaded, all the vegan noodles and vegetables won't cook evenly. It will also make it a lot harder to keep everything moving (see rule 2!) If that's the case, there is nothing wrong with cooking in batches. Stir fry does not take long to cook, so if cooking for a group of 4, cooking two people's meals at a time is perfectly acceptable.
6) Don't forget to garnish
Vegan noodles are one of the most important dishes to garnish. Be it chopped cilantro, fresh lime juice, green onion, or peanuts, whatever your choice it really adds a whole new depth to the texture and flavor of the dish.
7) Remember to balance your dish
It's all about finding the perfect harmony of flavors! A good rule to remember when cooking stir fry is if you add soy sauce, try adding a little pinch of sugar as well. Soy sauce is notoriously salty and can be overpowering if not balanced out.
One of the best things about vegan noodles is their versatility. There are so many different ingredients you can swap and move around. Here are our top ideas for changing it up and going that bit extra when trying this recipe.
1. Try groundnut oil. it's one of the best oils to use because of its high smoking point. On that note, it's also best to use vegetable oil instead of olive oil if possible because it won't affect the flavor as much. This is generally a good rule of thumb for Asian recipes.
2. Try blanching really firm vegetables. In other words, for vegetables like broccoli one method is to quickly put them in boiling water and 'scald' them for about 30 seconds to a minute. Once you take them out and drain them they are ready to be added to your stir fry vegan noodles. A lot of restaurants do this because it's such a time saver when stirring frying.
3. Change up the vegan noodles. Here at PlantX, there are so many other options but, if you don't want to stay traditional, and want to try to eat more vegetables than carbs then try Zucchini noodles. A spiralizer is a vegan's best friend!
4. Change up the vegetables. The best thing about this vegan noodle recipe is that you can use what’s in your fridge. If you have something that’s about to go off, don't waste it! Chuck it in with your stir fry vegan noodles and nine times out of ten, it will taste incredible.
To sum up
So there you have it. One of the best vegan stir fry noodles recipes on the planet. And why is it the best? Well, everything!
It’s fast to make, no washing up, healthy. It literally ticks every box. Once you become a cooking whizz at vegan noodles, there really is no going back.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this recipe for our stir fry vegan noodles. We promise it will satisfy those cravings, so now there are no excuses for reaching for that takeout menu!
What makes stir fry taste so good?
Is this recipe gluten-free?
Unfortunately not. Soy sauce tends to contain gluten. You could try swapping it out for a different sauce that is though, such as this one.