Koyle - Royale Carmenere (2016), 750ml
No one can resist this award-winning Chilean wine. Spicy, woody notes are layered over dark berries with a chocolatey finish. An essential for your next dinner party.
- Origins: Colchagua Valley, Chile
- Varietal: Red Wine
- Grape: Carmenere, Malbec, and Petit Verdot
- Vintage: 2016
- Vineyard: Los Lingues Estate
- Aging: French oak aging for 18 months
- Alcohol Content: 14%
- Acidity: 5.92 g/l
- Sugar: 1.8 g/l
- Allergens: Contains Sulfites
- Character: Medium-bodied, notes of oak and peppercorn compliment the bright and acidic berries
- Pairing: This wine would pair perfectly with your favorite vegan Indian curry
- Sustainability: Certified Biodynamic, Certified Organic, Vegan
- Awards: 93 Tim Atkin (2016)
The terroir of the Los Ligues Estate benefits from the mineral-rich soil of the Colchagua Valley as much as the perfect conditions of dry, hot weather cooled by ocean winds. The region’s production of delicious red wines such as Syrah, Merlot, and Malbec are testament to the region’s growing reputation as Chile’s ‘Napa Valley.’ This award-winning Carmenere will go down a treat with its rich red berry flavors that are balanced perfectly with oaky, peppery aromas. Despite the strong flavors this red resists being heavy. Medium-bodied with lively acidity, the woody finish has undertones of coffee. Pair this Carmenere with an Indian curry of your choice.
85% Organic Carmenere, 8% Organic Malbec, and 7% Organic Petit Verdot Contains sulfites.
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I expect from Koyle Family Vineyards’ wines?
The story of Koyle wines starts over 100 years ago, with the Undurraga family. The Undurraga family has been making wines for six generations, taking us to 2006 when Alfonso Undurraga Mackenna bought the Los Ligues Estate with his son and founded Koyle Family Vineyards. You can rest assured that the family’s years of experience and passed-down wisdom, paired with carefully maintained vineyards through biodynamic management will provide you with first-class wines.