Yogi Tea has the perfect blend for everyone. Using only the finest fairtrade, organic ingredients, Yogi Tea harnesses the natural healing powers of herbs and spices from all over the world, sustainably packaging them in biodegradable tea temples for your any-time enjoyment.
And that’s not all you get. To every teabag, Yogi attaches an inspiring mantra of Yogi wisdom, helping to support the holistic wellbeing of your mind, body and spirit with every sip.
The Story Of Yogi Tea
For almost four decades, Yogi Tea has been providing the world with delicious herbal teas inspired by the ancient Indian philosophy of Ayurveda. In1984, Yogi Tea was started by Yogi Bhagan, a Kundalini yoga instructor, and given its name by his devoted students. Its first tea was a warming combination of cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, cloves and black pepper (known today as Yogi Tea Classic and still one its most popular Ayurvedic blends).
Since then, Yogi Tea has gone on to develop an impressively diverse range of teas and infusions, made from organic tea leaves, herbs and spices. All recipes are inspired by Ayurvedic principles, intended to nourish the body, soothe the mind and uplift the spirit.
What Is Ayurveda?
Ayurveda means Knowledge (veda) of Life (ayur). It is one of the world’s oldest holistic healing philosophies, developed in India over 3,000 years ago. It is founded on the belief that our health and wellbeing depends on nurturing our mind, body and spirit, and living our lives mindfully, in a state of spiritual balance.
As well as utilizing the healing powers of over 5,000 herbs and spices, Ayurveda also includes the practices of yoga, meditation, hydrotherapy, massage, astrology, and the use of precious stones, metals, music and dance. Ayurvedic teachings also recommend enjoying a balanced, plant-powered diet of seasonal fruits, vegetables, and grains.
Want to know more? Find out about Ayurvedic practices and treatments here.
The Yogi Mission
Yogi Tea has a simple mission: to provide you with authentic healing teas, rooted in the principles of Ayurveda, and made with the finest sustainable ingredients. It is committed to treating all of its stakeholders with the utmost care and respect - employees, trading partners, and of course, its expert growers and their communities.
Yogi Tea supports and empowers these communities through partner projects that work to improve healthcare, education, living standards and sustainability.
Yogi Tea recognizes that in our increasingly busy and stressful lives, it can be hard to find a moment to breathe. It invites us to make time for ourselves - to be in the moment and sip a warming cup of healing tea, before returning to our daily tasks. On each Yogi tea bag, you will find a small paper tag featuring an inspiring pearl of Yogi wisdom to carry with you as you return.
Yogi Tea is dedicated to being a shining example of sustainable business practice. Here’s a few of the ways they are leading the way...
- Organic: All the ingredients that go into every Yogi tea bag are 100% organic, grown on controlled low-emission ecological farms that work to nurture the soil, increase biodiversity and conserve our planet’s precious resources.
- GMO-Free: All Yogi teas are 100% free from GMOs.
- Social Sustainability: Yogi Tea is committed to supporting social sustainability, forming lasting partnerships with growers to provide job security, education and the ability to plan for the future and make sustainable investments.
- Transparency: Yogi Tea is striving to achieve 100% transparency for its supply chain. For a company that sources 150 ingredients from 50 countries across the world, this is an enormous challenge, however Yogi is already over 80% of the way there.
- Partnerships: Yogi Tea is partnered with the Sustainable Spices Initiative to support worldwide sustainable approaches to the spices supply chain, and the Ethical Tea Partnership, a leading organization in promoting sustainability in the tea industry.
- Packaging: Each Yogi Tea blend is packaged in certified forest-friendly paper which can be easily recycled. All tea bags are 100% compostable and biodegradable, made from organic plant fibers.
How Do I Choose The Right Tea For Me?
Yogi Tea offers an amazing range of teas and herbal infusions, perfect for all sorts of different moments in your life. Choose your tea based on the flavors you love and the aspect of your wellbeing you’d like to support.
Detox: If you’ve been overdoing it and feel like your body needs a reset, Yogi has a fantastic array of blends designed to make you feel cleansed and refreshed, ridding your body of harmful toxins. Peach Detox, Roasted Dandelion Spice Detox and Original Detox are perfect places to start your detox journey.
Energize: If you’re looking for a boost of clean energy, these rejuvenating teas are a great way to start the day, or as a mid-afternoon pick-me-up. Made with naturally revitalizing herbs, spices and organic tea leaves, these energizing teas will boost your mood, improve your focus and lift your spirit. Try Sweet Tangerine Positive Energy or Raspberry Passion Perfect Energy as a healthy, wellness-boosting coffee alternative.
Relax: Yogi moments are the perfect time to really relax, and many of its blends are intended to help you destress, reduce feelings of anxiety and make you feel calm and soothed. When you need to refresh, relax and unwind, choose Sweet Clementine Stress Support, Kava Stress Relief or Relaxed Mind or choose from a wide selection of Yogi’s soothing elixirs.
Immune Support: Looking to boost your immunity and improve your overall wellness? Choose from any of Yogi’s carefully chosen blends designed to support your immune function and keep you feeling strong and centered, such as Echinacea Immune Support and Cold Season Relief.
For even more wonderful wellness-boosting teas with all kinds of healing impacts, check out our full range of Yogi Teas here. #FindYourYogi