Easy Gluten-Free and Plant-Based Pasta Recipes
Italian Pasta SaladPerfect for potlucks, this summer Italian Pasta Salad recipe is full of flavor and goes well with just about any of your favorite plant-based meals. Try this fun gluten-free twist on a classic and let us know what you think! Ingredients: 1 box of Banza Chickpea Rotini Pasta ½ diced Green Bell Pepper ½ diced Red Bell Pepper ½ diced Orange Bell Pepper ⅓ cup of diced red onion ½ cup of sliced black olives 1 pint of halved cherry/grape tomatoes 1 cup of Annie’s Tuscany Italian Dressing (looking for something creamy? Try Daiya Creamy Italian Dressing) 3 tablespoons of chopped parsley ½ teaspoon of Italian seasoning Salt and Pepper to taste Instructions:
- Cook your Banza Rotini according to instructions and rinse under cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine all of your ingredients. All veggies should be diced fairly small, enough to be bite-sized. Add your preferred plant-based Italian dressing and toss.
- Refrigerate your pasta salad for 2 hours before serving.
Creamy Vegan Alfredo RecipeFor a super easy pasta that’s both garlic-y and creamy, this creamy vegan alfredo is perfect for those looking to avoid dairy, nuts, and oils. Ingredients: 1 Box of Black Bean and Sesame Fettucine Pasta from Explore Cuisine 1 Medium-sized Onion 3 Large Cloves of Garlic 1 can of coconut milk 3 tablespoons of nutritional yeast ½ teaspoon of salt (or to taste) 1 cup of sun dried tomatoes 1 handful of roughly chopped spinach 1 cup of peas Instructions:
- While beginning to prepare your sauce, set a pot of water to boil and cook your pasta.
- Chop up your onion and 3 cloves of garlic and place in a saute pan with a bit of water. Saute your garlic and onion for 4-5 minutes or until onions are soft.
- Add your can of coconut milk and stir together with the onion and garlic, allowing them to simmer for 3 minutes. Season with salt and add nutritional yeast to form your creamy sauce base.
- Roughly chop a handful of spinach and add to your creamy sauce along with the peas.
- Remove your vegan alfredo sauce from the heat and add sun-dried tomatoes. Is your sauce too thin? Adding a pinch of arrowroot powder can help to thicken it.
- Drain your black bean pasta and place in a large bowl. Pour your sauce over and stir to combine.