Whole Wheat Gnocchi with SagePosted by PlantX Admin on April 1,2020
Time: 20 minutes
- • 17 oz whole wheat gnocchi
- • 4/5 fresh sage leaves
- • 1/4 cup crushed pistachios
- • 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- • Olive oil, salt, pepper
- 1. Boil the water.
- 2. Warm 3 spoons olive oil in a pan. Add the sage and onion and cook for 7/8 m minutes, or until the onion turns golden.
- 3. Place the gnocchi in the pot and wait until they all raise to the surface.
- 4. Drain and place the gnocchi in the pan with the onions and the sage.
- 5. Cook about 3 minutes (a bit longer if you like your gnocchi a bit crispy), add the pistachios, season with salt and pepper and serve.
- Sage leaves are edible but have a very intense flavor. They are usually removed once you serve the gnocchi.