Peperomia 'Funky Frog' Peperomia angulata, 4"Brand - PlantX US
The Peperomia 'Funky Frog' will bring a pop of fun to any space with its leathery, dark green leaves with bright lime-green veins.
Key Information and Plant Overview
- Other Common Names: Beetle Peperomia, Radiator plant
- Binomial Name: Peperomia angulata
- Care Level: Easy
- Light: Bright to medium light with no direct sun
- Water: Water when the top 2” of the soil is dry
- Pet Friendly: Yes
The Peperomia 'Funky Frog' will bring a pop of fun to any space with its leathery, dark green leaves with bright lime-green veins. The Peperomia 'Funky Frog' has long been a popular houseplant, as they are easy to care for, have attractive foliage, and are compact. This little 'Funky Frog' will fit perfectly in any home and any aesthetic.
These tropical perennials love bright, indirect light and are somewhat drought tolerant. The Peperomia 'Funky Frog' are epiphytes, meaning the roots absorb moisture and nutrients from the air and water. Epiphyte plants are native to the rainforest, such as the Amazon. These plants can grow on living trees, cork, and rock crevices. Being part of the epiphyte group, these plants have resilience and adaptability elements.
PlantX Top Tip: Water occasionally or when the top two inches of soil are dry and plant in well draining soil.
How to Care for Peperomia 'Funky Frog'
- Light: Prefers bright to medium light with no direct sun.
- Water: Allow the top 2” of the soil to dry before watering.
- Humidity: Average relative humidity of 25% to 49%
- Temperature: Average from 18°C to 24°C (65°F to 75°F)
- Fertilizer: Follow a monthly fertilizing schedule when the plant is actively growing. In most cases, this is in the spring and summer. Use a balanced fertilizer - this means a ratio of NPK that is all the same. Ex: 10-10-10.
- Soil: Use a well-draining, high organic matter soil mix.
- Propagation: Leaf cuttings and division. Best done in early spring and summer.
- Repotting: Peperomia enjoys being root bound so repotting every 12-18 is not necessary.
- Cleaning Tip: Wipe the leaves with a microfibre cloth to remove dust and debris.
- Toxicity: Non-toxic. Always keep plants out of reach of pets and children.
Peperomia 'Funky Frog' - Common Problems
My plant’s leaves are dull and fading: Peperomias cannot tolerate direct sunlight. Move the plant out of direct sunlight.
Why are my plant stems really long and stretched out: This usually happens when the plant is too not receiving enough light. Plants will stretch to reach their light source. Keep your plant in bright indirect to Medium light.
The middle of my plant is rotting and dying off: Don’t water directly into the center of the plant, try to water along the edge of the pot. Too much water at the crown of the plant will cause rot.
Signs of Overwatering: New growth becomes soft and brown.
Common Pests: Resistant to most pests and diseases - check for the occasional problem and use the proper control methods. A great plant to add to your collection!
I placed a large order and everything came in a really cute box! Best of all the plants were in great shape! This plant is so cute! I love the selection of plants!
Hi Kelsey, Thanks for the great feedback! Thankfully your Peperomia made it to you safely! And we can't wait to see what other plants you check out later Thanks for choosing PlantX! Stay Planted. Stay Curious. Stay Healthy. Best, Rochelle PlantX