Taj Mahal BurgerPosted by PlantX Admin on April 1,2020
Time 40” + resting time.
- 1/2 onion 1 carrot 1 can chickpea, drained and mashed into chunks.
- 1/2 cup boiled sweet peas, drained
- 1 cup boiled white rice
- 1/3 cup fresh minced parsley
- 1 tbs curry (or to taste)
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- 1 tbs paprika
- 1/2 tbs ginger powder
- 1 spoon vital gluten (optional)
- 2 burger buns
- Olive oil, salt and pepper
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 boiled beetroot
- Cream cheese
- Hot curry sauce (optional)
- 1. Melt the gluten in 2 spoons of hot water and set aside (optional)
- 2. Chop the onion in small pieces and cook it with two spoons of olive oil till gold
- 3. Chop the carrot, place it in the pan cook for about ten min, till tender. Ad a bit of water or oil if too dry.
- 4. Add the rest of the ingredients and cook a couple of minutes more to combine, till all eventual liquid is completely absorbed. Season with salt, pepper and extra spices to taste. Let the mixture to cool for a few minutes and then form the patties.
- 5. Refrigerate for at least one hour (preferably 4 hours to overnight)
- 6. Place the patties in a pan with a bit of olive oil and pan fry till they turn gold, or place in the oven at 360f/180c for a few minutes. You will probably get the best results by pan frying a few minutes each side and then bake.
- 7. Compose your burger and serve.