1/2 onion 1 carrot 1 can chickpea, drained and mashed into chunks.
1/2 cup boiled sweet peas, drained
1 cup boiled white rice
1/3 cup fresh minced parsley
1 tbs curry (or to taste)
1 tbs ground cumin
1 tbs paprika
1/2 tbs ginger powder
1 spoon vital gluten (optional)
2 burger buns
Olive oil, salt and pepper
1/2 red onion
1 boiled beetroot
Hot curry sauce (optional)
1. Melt the gluten in 2 spoons of hot water and set aside (optional)
2. Chop the onion in small pieces and cook it with two spoons of olive oil till gold
3. Chop the carrot, place it in the pan cook for about ten min, till tender. Ad a bit of water or oil if too dry.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients and cook a couple of minutes more to combine, till all eventual liquid is completely absorbed. Season with salt, pepper and extra spices to taste. Let the mixture to cool for a few minutes and then form the patties.
5. Refrigerate for at least one hour (preferably 4 hours to overnight)
6. Place the patties in a pan with a bit of olive oil and pan fry till they turn gold, or place in the oven at 360f/180c for a few minutes. You will probably get the best results by pan frying a few minutes each side and then bake.