- Price, low to high
- Price, high to low
- Alphabetically, A-Z
- Alphabetically, Z-A
- Date, old to new
- Date, new to old
- Best Selling
It’s true that there’s a whole world of plant-based milks out there. Coconut milk, soy milk, almond milk - the list goes on! It can be hard to decide which one is best for you.
Here at PlantX, we just love cashew milk. Not only is it delicious and full of flavor, it’s also loaded with nutrients. This page is there for those of us who are new to cashew milk, and want a little more info!
What is Cashew Milk?
Before we get into it, let’s just break down exactly what cashew milk is. Honestly, it’s pretty simple! Essentially, cashew milk is made from soaked, ground cashews which are then blended with water. The mixture is then often strained to give us the cashew ‘milk.’
Of course, there’s a bunch of different brands out there. Some brands may add things to the milk such as thickeners, sugars, salts or flavorings. Make sure you pick out the right one for you by reading our tips below.
Is Cashew Milk always vegan?
Cashew milk is known for being a dairy-free, plant-based milk that is safe for vegans to consume. It’s naturally lactose-free, so it is also a good option for non-vegans who have difficulty digesting dairy. So it will pretty much always be vegan.
But as we always say, be sure to double check the ingredients list for anything that might have been added to the milk, or for information about where and how it is manufactured.
What’s the difference between organic cashew milk and non-organic cashew milk?
Here at PlantX, we like to know that we are offering our customers the best vegan products, which is why we are all for organic cashew milk! Often, organic cashew milk is made in a similar way to non-organic cashew milk, but it uses 100% organic cashews.
So why is this better? When food is produced organically, it means that it is grown without the use of synthetic fertilizers or pesticides, which may have adverse effects on consumers’ health and the well-being of the environment. Products that are organic do not contain any GMOs (genetically modified organisms), food which has been unnaturally altered.
Buying organic cashew milk where you can is basically a better option for your health and for the environment - two of our top priorities!
What are the other health benefits of organic cashew milk?
If choosing the healthiest cashew milk is your top priority, choose an organic cashew milk. Organic cashew milk offers some great health benefits, such as being high in minerals, vitamins and healthy fats. Healthy, unsaturated fats can help support heart health!
Buying an organic cashew milk from the store, or choosing one from our website, may have higher amounts of nutrients as commercial cashew milk may have been fortified with vitamins and minerals during the manufacturing process. However, making your own organic cashew milk may also have some benefits… keep reading for more on this!
How can I incorporate cashew milk into my vegan diet?
While cashew milk tastes just great in all your favorite hot drinks, there’s loads of ways to use it! Here’s a great PlantX recommended list about how to incorporate more cashew milk into your vegan diet:
- With your favorite vegan cereal, granola or porridge: There’s no better way to start your day! Creamy, organic cashew milk with your favorite vegan breakfast food is a healthy, plant-based way to get those energy levels going.
- Added into a fruit smoothie: A super easy way to get that five a day is by making smoothies. Just put your favorite fruits into a blender, and pour in some organic cashew milk for added flavor and a smoother texture!
- Added into pasta sauces, curries or stews: If you want to make a super creamy pasta sauce, why not use a dash of cashew milk? Cashew milk is a great way to get a creamy consistency for sauces that are a bit too thick and stodgy.
- Vegan baking: If you just love baking, but are struggling to find good plant-based baking substitutes, give cashew milk a try! Whether you’re making a vegan cake or some morning pancakes - cashew milk could become your new, vegan baking go-to.
- Make it yourself: Making cashew milk yourself couldn’t be easier, and homemade cashew milk could also be more nutritious (especially if you use organic cashews!). All you need to do is soak 1 cup of cashews overnight, then drain and rinse them. Add the soaked cashews to 4 cups of water, and blend on high for a minute. And there you go!
The best cashew milk products on the PlantX Website
We’ve been banging on about how great cashew milk is, so it’s about time you tried it for yourself! Here’s some great cashew milk products on our PlantX website.
1. Pacific Foods - Unsweetened Cashew Milk, 32oz
Made with Fair Trade Certified cashews, this organic cashew milk from Pacific Foods is as good in ethics as it is in taste! This high quality product gives you that deliciously mild, nutty flavor and is only 50 calories per serving.
2. Elmhurst - Cashew Milk, 32oz
With up to 5x more nuts per serving, you can be sure that this cashew milk from Elmhurst is bursting with great taste. It’s been barista-approved, meaning it’s the perfect addition to your morning coffee.
3. Joi - Organic Cashew Base (Nut Milk Concentrate), 15oz
Here’s something a bit different. It’s an incredible Organic Cashew Base that we just love here at PlantX. This product is a concentration of 100% organic cashews. All you need to do is take a spoonful and mix it with as much or as little water as you want for your desired cashew milk consistency. This is a more environmentally friendly option, as it uses less packaging and less water! Sounds good to us.