Vanilla Flavored Creamy CurryPosted by PlantX Admin on April 1,2020
All the fragrance of a mix of Indian spices combined with the sweetness of yogurt and vanilla. An absolute must for your Indian nights!
Course Dinner, Lunch, Main
Keyword curry, vanilla, yogurt
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 cup sweet potatoes
- 1 can chickpea boiled and drained
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 2 cups boiled green beans
- 1 zucchini sliced in thin half moons
- 11 oz vegan unsweetened plain yogurt or used unsweetened vanilla yogurt and skip the extract
- 1 tbsp curry
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Olive oil, salt, pepper
- 1. Place the red onion in a pan with two spoons olive oil and fry it for about 5 minutes. Add the zucchini and cook 7/8 minutes longer.
- 2. Place yogurt, spices and vanilla extract in a small bowl and combine.
- 3. Remove the pan from the heat. Pour the yogurt mix into it, then add chickpeas, green beans and sweet potato puree. Stir to combine, season with salt to taste and then cook for a few minutes while stirring continuously.
- 4. Serve with rice or naan bread.