Time: 1h 30”
Serves: 12 tacos
- 12 tacos
- ounces/100 grams/ 0.2 pounds granulated soy, dehydrated
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 celery stick
- 28 ounces/ 800 grams/1.6 pounds tomato sauce
- 1/2 tin sweet corn, drained
- 1/2 tin red beans, drained
- 1/4 glass still red wine (optional)
- 1 tube tomato puree (optional)
- Burrito spices
- Olive oil, salt and pepper
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- Fresh coriander, chopped
- Side dishes: salsa, guacamole
- Extra filling: kale, red cabbage
- 1. Place the dehydrated soy in a large bowl, pour the tomato sauce in it and stir. Let to rest for 20 minutes.
- 2. Chop the onion very finely and place in in a non-stick pan over low heat for a few minutes with 2 spoons of oil.
- 3. Chop finely the carrot and the celery and place them in the pan with the onion as soon as the onion turns gold.
- 4. Stir for 5 more minutes and then add the soy mix.
- 5. Stir, cook 5 minutes and then add the wine and stir again (optional).
- 6. Let the soy cook for about 30 minutes (If the mix gets dry while cooking, add a bit of water, but when ready all liquid must be absorbed). Add the concentrated tomatoes (optional) and stir.
- 7. Pour in the corn, the beans, the spice, season with salt and and pepper and a spoon of olive if needed and stir to combine. Cook two minutes more.
- 8. Fill your tacos, add the fresh coriander and the fresh tomato, stir gently, compose your tacos and serve.