FREE SHIPPING ON THE SHOP AND INDOOR PLANTS SECTION $49
Country - United States
Find Plant Based Restaurants
Tacos “El dia de los muertos”
Course Dinner, Lunch, Main, tapas
Keyword Rocoto, Tacos, vegan minced meat
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 12 tacos
- 1/2 red onion ground
- 1/2 red onion sliced (keep separated)
- 1/2 large carrot ground
- 16 oz vegan minced meat
- 1 cup black beans drained
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 tsp fresh Peruvian rocoto pepper, ground or to taste, it's very hot!
- 1 tbsp Cholula sauce (or other hot sauce)
- 1 cup tomato sauce add more if the mix is too dry
- 1 tsp sugar
- olive oil, salt, pepper
- 1. Warm two spoons olive oil in a large skillet and pan fry the ground onion, carrot and rococo pepper for about 10 minutes, or until tender.
- 2. When ready, place the minced meat in the pan and cook 10 minutes more, stirring frequently.
- 3. Add black beans, tomato sauce, cholula sauce, cilantro, salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine and cook 5 minutes longer.
- 4. Warm a smaller skilled with one spoon olive oil and gently pan fry the sliced onion and the tsp sugar for 5/7 minutes, or until lightly caramelized.
- 5. When the ingredients are ready assemble the tacos: place the shells on a board, fill with one portion of the meat mix and top with a few slices of sweet onion.
- 6. Serve hot with pico de Gallo, guacamole or side dishes of choice.
© 2020 PlantX. All rights Reserved