Risotto all’arrabbiataPosted by PlantX Admin on April 1,2020
Course Dinner, Lunch, Main, Main Course
Keyword arborio, Chili, rice, risotto, risotto all’arrabbiata, sundried tomatoes
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 people
- • 1 liter of vegetable broth unsalted
- • 12 oz arborio rice or any other rice for risotto
- • 12 oz cherry tomatoes I used mixed colors
- • 1/4 cup white wine
- • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper or to taste
- • 1/4 tsp chili flakes or to taste (or sub for 1/2 fresh chili, finely chopped
- • a bunch of basil leaves
- • 1 tbs dried oregano
- • olive oil
- • salt to taste
- • pepper to taste
- 1. Warm 3 spoons olive oil in a pot for risotto and cook the onion for about 7/8 m, till it starts to turn gold.
- 2. Add the rice and stir for a couple of minutes to lightly toast it, then pour the wine and stir again until fully absorbed.
- 3. Add tomatoes, fresh basil and dried oregano, stir to combine and then start pouring the broth a ladle at the time. Keep stirring continuously, adding the broth when absorbed, and continue until the rice is nearly ready (and the broth will be nearly gone)
- 4. Add the cayenne pepper and the chili flakes, season with salt and pepper to taste and then cook until the rice is completely cooked (but keep it lightly hard, or “al dente” as we say!). The whole cooking time should be around 25/30 minutes, depending on how tender you like your rice.
- 5. If you’re into hot food you might want a bit more cayenne or chili flakes, while if you’re not better to add it when the rice is ready and just little by little, until you get exactly the taste you want.
- 6. Serve as it is, or add a spoon of vegan butter for extra creaminess and 2 spoons of vegan parmesan to enhance the flavor of the tomato