Make Breakfast Less Boring With Plant-Based Breakfast Recipes
Not all of us are blessed with that “morning person” energy, but getting up in the morning and starting your day can be that much easier if you start your day with an exciting and filling breakfast. Breaking up your morning routine with some of these yummy plant-based breakfast recipes is a surefire way to nourish your body and have the energy to face the rest of the day.
Here are two delicious plant-based breakfast recipes for a yummy and healthy start to your morning.
Ok, let’s get to it.
Plant-Based Breakfast Recipes
Blueberry and Oatmeal Breakfast Squares
Nutritionally balanced and wholesome, these blueberry breakfast squares go great alongside a morning smoothie, pressed juice, or coffee to help keep you fueled until lunch. What’s the secret? Superfoods! Superfoods like oatmeal and hemp seed help balance this bar with high-quality vitamins and minerals.
Plus, it’s both crunchy and chewy at the same time! These breakfast squares offer a satisfying bite that you and your family will love.
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- ¼ cup maple or brown rice syrup
- 1 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats (gluten-free)
- 1 scoop plant-based protein powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup rolled oats (gluten-free)
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 2 tbsp maple or brown rice syrup
- 1 cup organic blueberries
- 1/4 cup crushed almonds
- Use parchment paper to line a 9×9 square pan and lightly grease it with coconut oil. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix your banana, syrup, applesauce, coconut oil, and vanilla extract until smooth (feel free to use a hand mixer). Add your oats, protein powder, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt and mix until they’re well combined. Your mixture should be wet. Transfer your mix into the square pan and smooth it out with a spatula, making sure to press it evenly. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes.
- Combine all of your topping ingredients together in the same mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
- Take your square pan out of the oven and pour your topping layer onto the base, spreading it out evenly and pressing down. Put the square pan back into the oven and bake it for an additional 15 minutes.
- Once they’re ready, allow to cool for 15-20 minutes before slicing into squares.
Sweet Potato Hash with Black Beans
Looking to start your morning with something savory? This sweet potato hash recipe works great with a tortilla for a breakfast taco or burrito or spooned over brown rice and quinoa. You can also replace the black beans for chickpeas if you prefer. This is sure to be a breakfast that’s worth rolling out of bed for!
- ½ large onion, chopped
- 2 cups of peeled and chopped sweet potato, cut into 1-inch cubes or smaller if desired.
- 1 Red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of cooked or canned black beans (or one 15oz. can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
Looking to add some heat? This recipe goes great with hot sauce or sriracha!
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and lightly grease with olive oil.
- On your sheet pan, place sweet potatoes, onions, garlic, and bell peppers onto the center of the sheet pan. Drizzle your ingredients with olive oil, salt, and pepper, making sure to coat well. Place into the oven and cook for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through. If you are using chickpeas instead, place chickpeas onto the sheet pan with your other veggies.
- After 20 minutes, turn your heat up to 500 and continue baking for another 20 minutes, stirring the mixture halfway through.
- To prepare more flavorful beans when using canned beans, you may place a skillet onto the stove on medium heat with some olive or canola oil. Allow the oil to heat up before adding half a green bell pepper, sliced lengthwise into strips. Once the skin of your bell pepper begins crisping, you can add your beans. Stir the mixture and mash to your preferred consistency, cooking for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow the beans to settle before serving with your hash.
- After removing your veggies from the oven, allow to cool and garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve together with your beans, sliced avocado, and a bit of hot sauce for a kickin’ breakfast.