Gluten-Free Plant-Based Pasta Recipes
Looking to try something new for pasta night? PlantX is bringing you some of our favorite plant-based pasta recipes made with delicious varieties to traditional pasta that are also perfect for a gluten-free home.
Gluten-free pasta isn’t just great for those with celiac disease and looking to avoid gluten, but also anyone who is looking to add more nutrition to their pasta night! Gluten-free pasta options like chickpea, red lentil, or black bean pasta are not only savory and flavorful but also provide more protein and fiber than traditional pasta options. Read on for some tasty recipes and check out many more delicious plant-based meal ideas in our recipe section.
Easy Gluten-Free and Plant-Based Pasta Recipes
Italian Pasta Salad
Perfect for potlucks, this summer Italian Pasta Salad recipe is full of flavor and goes well with just about any of your favorite plant-based meals. Try this fun gluten-free twist on a classic and let us know what you think!
1 box of Banza Chickpea Rotini Pasta
½ diced Green Bell Pepper
½ diced Red Bell Pepper
½ diced Orange Bell Pepper
⅓ cup of diced red onion
½ cup of sliced black olives
1 pint of halved cherry/grape tomatoes
3 tablespoons of chopped parsley
½ teaspoon of Italian seasoning
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook your Banza Rotini according to instructions and rinse under cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine all of your ingredients. All veggies should be diced fairly small, enough to be bite-sized. Add your preferred plant-based Italian dressing and toss.
- Refrigerate your pasta salad for 2 hours before serving.
Creamy Vegan Alfredo Recipe
For a super easy pasta that’s both garlic-y and creamy, this creamy vegan alfredo is perfect for those looking to avoid dairy, nuts, and oils.
1 Box of Black Bean and Sesame Fettucine Pasta from Explore Cuisine
1 Medium-sized Onion
3 Large Cloves of Garlic
1 can of coconut milk
3 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
½ teaspoon of salt (or to taste)
1 cup of sun dried tomatoes
1 handful of roughly chopped spinach
1 cup of peas
- While beginning to prepare your sauce, set a pot of water to boil and cook your pasta.
- Chop up your onion and 3 cloves of garlic and place in a saute pan with a bit of water. Saute your garlic and onion for 4-5 minutes or until onions are soft.
- Add your can of coconut milk and stir together with the onion and garlic, allowing them to simmer for 3 minutes. Season with salt and add nutritional yeast to form your creamy sauce base.
- Roughly chop a handful of spinach and add to your creamy sauce along with the peas.
- Remove your vegan alfredo sauce from the heat and add sun-dried tomatoes. Is your sauce too thin? Adding a pinch of arrowroot powder can help to thicken it.
- Drain your black bean pasta and place in a large bowl. Pour your sauce over and stir to combine.