- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp vegan curry paste (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups carrots, diced
- 1 3/4 cups reduced fat coconut milk
- 4 1/3 cups vegan stock
- A pinch of chili flakes
- Juice of 1 lemon
- In a large, heavy-based saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add ginger and onion and simmer. Continue stirring for about 5 minutes or until soft
- Add the curry paste and salt and simmer. Then stir for another minute or so. Add the carrots, coconut milk and stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, for about 20 minutes or until the carrots are soft.