Here is the recipe of vegan mozzarella cheese.
- 1cup raw cashews
- 1 1/2Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4cup unsweetened yoghurt
- 1/2cup or rice milk
- 1/2tsp sea salt
- 2 – 2 1/2Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 4 Tbsp tapioca starch
- Soak cashews in very hot water for 1 hour. If you are using cool water, soak the cashews overnight or at least 6 hours. Drain thoroughly.
- In a high speed blender, blend together cashews, coconut yogurt, lemon juice, almond or rice milk, salt, nutritional yeast, and tapioca starch.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed.
- Transfer to a small saucepan, heat over medium-low heat, and begin whisking. Keep whisking until the mixture comes together in a ball-like shape within 4-5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to the lowest setting and use to a wooden mixing spoon. Continue stirring until a loose “ball” forms. Then transfer to a small mixing bowl.
- Transfer the cheese to the refrigerator.